Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Additional Engineering


Well, after contending with a tail heavy, bag flapping Mountain bike for the past couple months I decided to take the plunge and do something to the bike to re-balance the load. Last Saturday afternoon I took a trip to the new Performance Bike Store and I found a front rack solidly stuck on my hot little hands as well as one of their Metro Panniers.





The metro pannier is roughly the same size as my Computer tool bag, but with the advantage of being bike mountable. As for the front rack the Performance Transit front rack is pretty vanilla it works well, but I have a quibble. It was not designed for use with fenders and the spacers that came with it had to be hacksawed down so that there would be enough space for the longest screws to get purchase on the fork eyelets through the loops of the fender stays.

I'm looking forward to making a run soon to see how well the new arrangement works, but commuting is on hold as I'm spending more time on my road bike training for the MS150.

1 comment:

benshead said...

Hey- I'm curious what your thoughts are on the Metro Pannier. Performance has them on special now.

Is it well-made? Comfortable to carry on your shoulder? Does it fit your laptop? Does it attach easily and well to your rack?

Thanks for any insight!