Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The re-training begins.

I did a recovery ride on Monday and didn't do half bad for being off the bike for almost half a month. The goal was to go over 14 miles in under an hour and twenty minutes as on my work commute I usually make it to work in an hour twenty and 14 miles is the one way distance. On this ride I rode 17.63 in 1:10:51 and averaged 14.9 MPH. Unfortunately in the process I may have re-infected myself with whatever little beasties that gave me pneumonia before as I had a sore throat afterwards. I had forgotten to wash out and disinfect the camelback the night before.

Yesterday I wanted to go ride so bad; however, I had to go to court instead. About a month ago I had a little altercationwith a Metro bus so last night I had to go enter a pleading.. I copped to no contest and defensive driving.

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

It's going to take some time to get your strenght back following your illness.

I got to a point a couple of years ago when I was so fixated on my speed and time, that I took my computer off of the bike. It's back on now but I am again beginning to think. Why?

Noah said...

I just use my computer to track the miles. I think it'll be a while before I can brag about my average speed. I keep an eye on my average, but don't fixate on it.

Keep getting sick like that and eventually you'll be invinvible!